Boston College - Ball State Matchup
Boston College will face the Ball State Cardinals this Saturday at Alumni Stadium. This will be
the third meeting in three years between the teams. BC has won in each of the past two years.
In honor of Ball State's most famous alum, David Letterman, I've put together The Top Ten Things
to know About Ball State Football:
- 10. Sixteen Ball State players may be suspended for Saturday's game because of NCAA violations.
Of those sixteen, seven are starters (4 on defense).
- 9. BSU punter Chris Miller ranks 23rd in the country, averaging 42.7 yards per punt.
- 8. Since going 4-4 to start the 2003 season, Ball State is 2-16 and has lost 11 in a row on the road.
- 7. Iowa and Auburn outscored Ball State by a combined score of 119-3. In between,
BSU lost to Bowling Green 40-31.
- 6. Last week, Auburn rushed for 390 yards on 35 carries (11.1 yards per carry) against the Ball
State defense. Ball State opponents are averaging 6.4 yards per carry.
- 5. Ball State is coached by Brady Hoke. Hoke was an assistant under Lloyd Carr at Michigan before
taking the head coaching job at Ball State.
- 4. Ball State ranks 20th among the 117 Division 1A football programs in graduation rate.
- 3. Four ex-Ball Staters currently play in the NFL -- Justin Beriault (Dal), Reggie Hodges (StL),
Dante Ridgeway (Jets) and Brad Maynard (Chi).
- 2. Ball State ranks dead last in the nation (117th) in pass efficiency defense.
And the #1 thing to know about Ball State football ...
- 1. The Ball State defense has given up more than 30 points in nine of their last ten games.
BSU opponents are averaging 42 points per game during that time.
|Boston College 52 Ball State 7